What is Contact point?
Contact point is an information centre, providing information regarding our (hereinafter - Latvian) national health care system and procedure for obtaining cross-border health care services.
- A list of contact points of all Member States posted on a web-page of the European Commission.
- You may find out information regarding the health care system of a particular state from the contact point/information centre of a particular state. The National Health Service performs the function of the Contact point/ Information centre in Latvia.
How to use the Contact point?
Contact point/ information centre provides information:
- on web-page;
by calling from abroad toll-free number + 371 67045005 (Working hours: Monday to Thursday from 8.30a.m. to 5:00p.m. and Fridays from 8.30a.m. to 3:00p.m);
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website, in line with the Cross-border Healthcare Directive, provides information on the following:
- procedure of receiving healthcare abroad;
- patient rights;
- organising and financing healthcare;
- healthcare providers;
- minimum requirements for healthcare facilities;
- Healthcare Risk Fund;
- procedure of complaints about the quality of healthcare services;