To ensure citizens the right to social security, social benefits and state-funded healthcare when moving to another European Union (EU) Member State, a member state in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or the United Kingdom, while residing there for employment or travel, European Union legislation has been developed that coordinates various social security systems of all EU, EEA member states (including Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

Proof of entitlement to healthcare (hereinafter – Form S1) confirms your entitlement (and/or of your family members) to state-funded healthcare and allows you to register for healthcare if you reside permanently in one of the EU Member States, EEA member states, the Swiss Confederation or the United Kingdom (hereinafter – Member State) but are insured in another state. The form is issued to each person separately.