An individual who is entitled to a state-funded COVID-19 vaccine in Latvia shall be allowed to register in E-health system of the Republic of Latvia the fact of recovery from COVID abroad.
According to Article 2322 of the Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No 662 of 28 September 2021 "Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID Infection", the fact of recovery shall be registered if:
- the individual has received at least one dose of a vaccine against COVID infection recognised by the European Medicines Agency or the World Health Organization,
- recovery from COVID infection abroad is confirmed by a SARS-CoV-2 RNA test result.
The registration in the Republic of Latvia of recovery from COVID abroad determines the validity period of vaccination certificates according to a specific algorithm. Please note that the incorporated data on recovery from COVID infection are not used to create a recovery certificate!
An application, accompanied by the RNA test result, can be submitted to the National Health Service (NHS) as follows:
- In person* – by visiting the Customer Service Centre of the National Health Service (1st floor, 31 Cesu Street, 3rd building (6th entrance), Riga) or any of the NHS territorial divisions;
- Via post – by sending the application to the NHS via post. Address: 31 Cesu Street, 3rd building, Riga, LV-1012;
- By dropping the documents in the mailbox by the entrance of the NHS – NHS Customer Service Centre, Riga or any of the NHS territorial divisions (Kuldiga, Smiltene, Daugavpils or Jelgava);
- Electronically by sending an application signed by safe electronic signature by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- On portal www.latvija.lv – using the e-service offered by the portal "E-address" .
The application will be examined within one month upon receipt of the application.
More information about the Digital COVID certificate available on the website of the National Health Service at www.vmnvd.gov.lv under section Residents/Digital Covid-19 certificate.
* Face-to-face customer service is provided in an epidemiologically "safe" environment by making a prior appointment. You can book a face-to-face visit here: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/NVDKlientuapkalpoanascentrs@vm.gov.lv/bookings/ .